Thursday 6 June 2013

Day 6 - Feeling Sorry For Myself

Today has been difficult.  The first day (but I'm sure it won't be the last) where I've wondered if I could run.

I woke up feeling tired and with stomach ache and after managing to slowly walk the 3 mile round trip to take Olivia to school, went back to bed for a while. 

I think as well as feeling unwell the pre run madness is setting in a bit. I *really* want to do well on Sunday so a bit of a sore throat I probably wouldn't normally notice is worrying me, a bit of a weird feeling in my leg and back ... What if I've hurt something?  I think I'm ok really, I feel happy with the preparation I've done and can only do my best so there's no point stressing now. 

I pondered at one point using the school run walks as my Juneathon miles, and actually I'd be on far higher mileage if I did at 6 miles a day but I want to just include actual running, not the walking I always do. I figured I needed to get to the school so may as well try and run. My stomach still felt really bad so I left time in case I needed to walk.  It's about 1.3 miles so decided to do at least 1.5.  In the end, I managed an extra mile at around usual pace.  Pleased I did make the effort.

But I'd love a hug :(


Today - 2.5
Total so far - 21.67



Every time I go out I see more signs for the half marathon :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment