Tuesday 25 June 2013

Day 25 - Target Achieved!


(I know I haven't blogged days 22, 23 and 24 yet, I'm working on it just in the wrong order!)

This morning I met my friend Becca to do a 10k along the seafront. She did her first 10k with me at the start of the month and wanted to do a few more to build up confidence for her first race on 14th July.

My legs were sore when I first got out of bed this morning but I walked 2 miles before meeting Becca and I felt a bit better by the time we started.

On the way towards the pier we were running into a slight breeze but on the homeward stretch there was none at all, just hot sun. This weather, combined with me still aching from the weekend's efforts meant I didn't find a lot of this easy, my legs felt really heavy.  Lots of chatting and plan making (I've come up with some brilliantly crazy ideas!) helped the time pass and by the time we reached 5 miles I was relaxing into it and feeling good.

10k done! I have reached my Juneathon target of 100 miles! This felt like it may be too much at the start of the month, I'm so pleased I did it. Especially that I managed to do it today. 



Today - 6.26
Total so far - 100.9

(May run again this evening!)

*** Edited to add :

Have now run 3.2 and then 3.5 miles on the dreadmill.

Total today - 12.94
Total so far - 107.58







No comments:

Post a Comment