Monday 3 June 2013

Day 3 - Speedy Garmin running


Got a great result at the weekend where I returned a couple of birthday presents and other half paid the (loads) extra to exchange them for a Garmin for me.  

I'd been coveting one for ages but as my Nike + was basically OK, mostly accurate  and all working I couldn't really justify the money.  The last couple of months though, where I have been trying to improve my times more, I have found the Nike + a little frustrating.  It only displays one of distance/pace/time and though it's just one button press to toggle between them, it's enough to be annoying when I'm already struggling.

This evening, I knew I'd only do a small run as I've done quite a few miles the last 2 days and don't want to overdo it.  I planned to run to pick Matthew up from his friend's house and back - as fast as I could.  I didn't go quite as far as hoped as Matthew left his bike at school so I made it to just over 2 miles then walked with him.

Previously .. My fastest mile ever was back in April, 9.11 - Today ... 7.44! :-)

I don't think I could have managed much further that fast but I'm amazed and very happy I managed it at all.  


Today - 2.18
Total so far - 14.87

2 comments: