Saturday 15 June 2013

Day 15 - Halfway Through Juneathon!

It's parkrun day but for the first time in a few months I didn't run or volunteer. The craziness of this week meant I ended up taking all the children with me this morning as I had nobody to leave them with and I couldn't bear to miss out. After a few hours sleep I was fairly amazed I managed to finish making the cakes I started last night and get there in time for the start!  

As always, lots of great running and no leftover cake :-) Took advantage of not having to rush back to go over to the pub and have hot chocolate with Keith, Alex, Rachael and Nathan. Wishing I could have faced breakfast though!

After trekking everyone around town and then Asda all I really wanted was a nap but I wasn't going to be beaten!  Knowing I had to run indoors meant I didn't have my usual Juneathon motivation but luckily, due to next weekend's relay, I think I'll only have one other day where I can't get out this month.

This INXS powered run didn't feel too bad, felt like I was struggling less than I usually do inside but unfortunately I have no idea of the numbers. Nike+ insists I did 5k in about 22 minutes at a pace of 7.2 min/mile.  I didn't.  I think it's just having a wobbly as it's annoyed at being mostly replaced by my Garmin!

I'm logging 2.5 as that seems to be about right for the time at what the pace felt like.

Today - 2.5
Month so far - 57

No comments:

Post a Comment