Thursday 20 June 2013

Day 20 - CATS 10K

 Today was the day I had arranged to do my 10k for the CATS challenge - 

http://www.cats-foundation.org/cats-10k-challenge/

         


Since 27th July last year, someone has run 10k every day to raise awareness of this horrible disease.

I first learned of this challenge through one of my Bosh friends, Brian, following the story of his nephew, Amazing Archie, and I had been looking forward to playing my part today.

Had planned to run with a friend today but she couldn't make it in the end.  The weather has been terrible today, torrential rain with predictions of storms so I spent a lot of time procrastinating and wondering if I should do a dreadmill run rather then brave the outdoors.

After a few hours of dithering, I came to my senses.  Thinking of what Brad, Lauren, Jack and now baby Matilda were going through, (and what I, and others have dealt with) could I really complain about running 6 miles in the rain? Of course not.

The running is irrelevant really - I've had a bad week and this one went very really, a PB by just over 3 minutes. Of course I'm pleased by this, especially after my last runs that were full of worry, but actually, today wasn't about the running. 

Today's run was for remembering Archie and all those, especially the little ones, who should still be here but aren't. 

Today - 6.2 
Total so far - 72.7


For Archie and an extra special little one with him on a special day xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment