Wednesday 19 June 2013

Day 19 -

Juneathon madness really is setting in today.  Arguing with myself earlier and now I'm hearing voices.  "Day 19 in Liz's Juneathon house ...." in the style of the Big Brother voiceover bloke!

Anyway ... today's run. Thought I'd go the long way round to school and manage a 2.5 mile run for a change from the 2 I've mostly managed lately.

The first mile and a half were terrible again. As happened yesterday, I just really struggled, everything hurt and I had a little cry. I need to get a bloody grip and realise that I'm doing ok for me and to stop comparing myself to what everyone else is doing. I've waffled about this before, clearly I'm still struggling! 

The first 15 minutes ish consisted of me arguing with myself :

I can't run
Shut up Liz, you're running.
It hurts.
Stop moaning.
I won't be able to PB my 10k on the 30th.
You smashed your 1/2 time, you can't do it all, it doesn't matter.
Maybe I'll just do 2 miles again.
Don't be lazy.

Then just as I got to 2 miles I pulled myself together a bit.  As I came up to the school I was at 2.7 so I went round the block a bit to round the distance up.


Today - 3.1
Total so far - 66.5

No comments:

Post a Comment