Saturday 1 June 2013

Day 1 -Today's runs and my plans for June

It's Juneathon :-)

I had such fun in Janathon although I did slightly overdo it towards the end and have an easy couple of weeks in February.  Since then, My running has improved a lot.  I have learned a lot about what works (and doesn't) for me so am feeling much more confident this time around.

I have a lot planned this month, my busiest run month so far.  Next Sunday I have Southend half marathon where I am hoping to beat my PB of 2:29 - although after today's heat I am a little worried as I've never run that far when it's hot, I always go out very early or late instead when I can.  We'll see, I have a great group who are aiming for similar times so will stick with them as long as I can.

After the half, is the HARP relay on the 22nd/23rd. Southend parkrun have 2 teams entered, obviously I'm nothing to do with the serious one, "Lucozade and Flapjack" who need to beat the bootcamp team but I have the very important job of being in charge of team 2' "Beer and Cake".  I think we are going for a make it up, have a laugh type strategy but as the course is 4 mile laps I'm hoping to do 20 miles over the 24 hours.  Have never done any night running before so looking forward to giving that a try.

Last plans are the 30th June, Horndon 10k.  This was the first run I entered last year so am really looking forward to doing this again now I know I can do it. I was terrified last year!

Anyway, today's runs ....



(Storm remembered the all important parkrun rule of #DFYB in her brilliant coat!)



No better way to start Juneathon than with a parkrun so I ran to parkrun, ran parkrun with my friend Becca and then ran home.

Today's total - 6.3 miles







4 comments:

  1. Great running to kick off #juneathon. I'm sure you'll be fine with the night running and the other events. I look forward to hearing about them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - wouldn't be as much fun if everything was easy :-)

      Delete
  2. A great start to Juneathon. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of it shapes up for you

    ReplyDelete