Thursday 31 January 2013

Janathon - Day 31

I did it!!! There were many times I thought I might not make it but I did, I ran every day in January!

I got through it the same way I get through most things -
No real talent or ability but plenty of stubbornness.

Today's run wasn't fun really, I usually do this distance along the seafront but it was far too windy and raining. I struggled a bit in places as I was and it did seem to take ages. I had in mind to do 10 miles but did hope to do a little more to bring my monthly total to a round number but I just couldn't so it. Around 8.5 miles my left foot started hurting, it was raining so much I was soaked through so
I just headed home. I considered making up the extra 1.7 miles this evening but I'm still sore so I'll get over my pedantry. Retrospectively, I should have stuck at 8/8.5, the jump from last week's 7 was too much. It feels like the pain I had before starting in my other foot, Morton's toe so I'll treat it like that, rest a bit and hopefully be ok for Brighton half marathon.

Very much looking forward to my massage tomorrow :-)

Today:

10.1 miles
1 hour 51 mins

Janathon totals :
78.3 miles
14 hours 31 minutes
8 lbs / 2.1% body fat lost

And I beat the boys ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment