Sunday 1 June 2014

Juneathon.

After a lot of dithering, I have decided to Juneathon again.  I wasn't up to Janathon this year, giving up after a week as it was just one thing too many to cope with but I think I need to make myself do this.  It will hopefully be the incentive I need to deal with this month, to stop sitting about feeling sorry for myself, to lose some weight and get running more again. 

I got a bit obsessed by mileage last year but I'm not setting a target like that as I don't want to push myself too far and get injured again. I had awful plantar fasciitis a few months back which has been fine lately but I don't want to risk any more problems.  This year's aim is to try and get a bit quicker - I got very lazy marathon training and enjoying really long runs while just chatting and not actually putting any effort in.  I have a 10k on the last day of Juneathon that I want to hopefully do under an hour. My PB on that course was exactly an hour the year before last, last year was slower! I think I preferred the challenge of doing loads of miles - I'm going to have to actually really try to get faster as I'm naturally a very slow, lazy runner but I'm concentrating on how good I'll feel if I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment