Monday 2 June 2014

Juneathon - day 2

I almost gave up today! That's early even for me to give up .... I didn't get to sleep until around 4am and then woke several times between then and alarm at 7 so have been tired and grumpy all day. 

Olivia has been super clingy as she wants to stay at home tomorrow and not go to school, I've been worrying about all sorts, especially my final assignment for my current Open University course which is due next week (and in usual form, not started yet) .... Juneathon is about exercise and excuses, yes?

Decided to save the excuses for another day - I needed to take Ben to a Dr appointment for some X-ray results so decided I would run to meet him there.  It's only just over a mile but I figured that was better than nothing .... Especially if I put some effort in.  I very rarely out any effort in but if I want to achieve my target 10k time at the end of the month I need to stop being lazy.

 
Only a mile ... But a super speedy for me one. 

Generally I bimble along, never usually under ten minutes a mile, often closer to twelve for an off road wander and chat! It wasn't easy, I was very happy to stop and I probably looked terrible but I didn't feel too bad. I've a long way to go but it felt like a good start.  

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/512493886

No comments:

Post a Comment