Tuesday 7 January 2014

Janathon - day 7

I made it to a week!

Today started off with really high winds and torrential rain. After waiting for 15 minutes for Becca to arrive as O went into school early, I was freezing.  All benefit of my 1.5 mile warm up walk had disappeared and I wanted to go home, back to bed.  When Becca met me, we dithered a little bit about if we should go home but made the right choice to carry on.  Our original plan was to go around 4 miles along the seafront then up and slightly different route back but the high winds lead to us quickly abandoning that!   A very "make it up as we went along" route, which are my favourites really as distance seems much less, a few brief but intense downpours and we got Becca back to her car and her longest distance ever of 9 miles.  My Brighton marathon plan said I needed to do 10 miles today so I didn't stop and continued on my way home.  As soon as the Garmjn said 10 I stooped and walked the last 0.4 or so!

I've had a bit of a weird niggle in my hip the last day or so which is sore now and I have pain in my right knee and front of my ankle.  A lot of this is the same as from when I got knocked off my bike in September so I may have to take it a bit easy.  I love the running every day but may need to accept I can't do it this time.  I have stretched and rolled and am hoping for some sleep but I won't be too stubborn this time.  Marathon is currently feeling impossible but I won't give up quite yet even though my Janathonnjng may end up more swimming/cycling/walking based for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment